Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Playing Hooky

I couldn't resist any longer...  I took two personal days and went with my family to Lego Land!  Each day during my kid's Spring Break I went to work while my kids and my husband did all kinds of fun things without me.  This is one of the cruelest things about being a teacher at a school that is different from the one my kids attend.  Being a Catholic school, my kids' Spring Break followed Easter whereas my public school Spring Break was almost a month ago! So, I decided that I was taking two personal days to go with my family to Lego Land.  (As a Christmas present, my folks got us a year pass to Lego Land and we had yet to go.)

Nicholas could hardly contain himself!  He couldn't bear to walk with us...he HAD to run/walk ahead.  


The "Welcome" sign made of Legos.
Teachers get in free but not without having to jump through a number of hoops.  I needed a copy of my current teaching certificate, a pay check stub, and my work ID.  But, once all of the paper work was out of the way, my card looks like every other card.
After scanning their brand new ID's and walking through the gate.
The more you scream, the faster you go!

Junior Fire Fighters

The famous Banyan tree, brought to this site 75 years ago in a wheel barrow!




On a family RV trip to Florida from Kentucky (in the late 1970's), we visited Cypress Gardens.  At the young age of 7 or 8, I fell in love with the belles and wanted to be one! Reminder:  The Disney Princess phenomenon had yet to be invented in the 70's.   Walking through the updated Garden, I was so tickled that they still had those lovely ladies...but made from Lego pieces.  Good enough for me.  It is a little sad that they don't have any real human belles, but I was still shyly excited to get my picture taken with one.
I asked a stranger to take my picture.  I'm sure the gal thought I was a little insane, posing for a picture with a Lego belle at age 42!
After walking over 12,500 steps in the only the park, I was beat!  A shabby Best Western offered a crummy room, closed restaurant, and a dank bar with the best Bud Light Lime I ever had!  Since I'm a bit of a diva, I traveled with my own Lily Pulitzer drink coozie.  (Thanks to my mom for hooking me up with any awesome designer birthday coozie that happens to have a set of matching sticky notes.)


We'll be ba-a-a-ck!
(Tomorrow)


No comments:

Post a Comment