Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 30, 2012

Personality Profile


Last night, while reading through the March 2012,Self magazine that I "borrowed" from the nail salon, I decided to actually look up a website that they had mentioned.  The article is called "Get Happy For Free". It showcases "two weeks of a joy-inducing plan".  

Day 1:  Enjoy frequent, tiny hits of pleasure (This is supposed to explain why the first bite of something yummy is the best and things of that sort.  True.  But, the last bite of the tenth S'More is just as yummy as the first one to me.)
Day 2:  Move it  (No duh.  I've heard that one.  BTW:  I'm only up to 6,500 steps today.)
Day 3:  Quit comparing  (Yeah...OK...I get it.  Don't compare yourself to the airbrushed model.)
Day 4:  Give up that grudge  (I kind of suck at this one.  I do  give up on grudges but only after hours of perseverating.)
Day 5:  Linger in the break room  (What?  Oh...Make friends with coworkers and try to be more socially engaged.)
Day 6:  Tap into your innate strengths...

And then I stopped reading and thought.  What are my strengths?  I typed in the ViaMe.org website and prepared to take a quiz to find out. Not knowing what I was getting myself in to, I just logged in the required information and then read that the quiz was 240 questions long!!!  Well, I'd already invested five minutes or so in creating a free  account, why not do the rest?


And so, two HUNDRED and forty questions later, these are the results of my quiz.  By golly, I think that these are true.  I think that I might actually be this person and I like this person.  Go me!  

 

Your Top Character Strength

Kindness
You are kind and generous to others, and you are never too busy to do a favor. You enjoy doing good deeds for others, even if you do not know them well.

Your Second Character Strength

Creativity
Thinking of new ways to do things is a crucial part of who you are. You are never content with doing something the conventional way if a better way is possible.

Your Third Character Strength

Gratitude
You are aware of the good things that happen to you, and you never take them for granted. Your friends and family members know that you are a grateful person because you always take the time to express your thanks.

Your Fourth Character Strength

Curiosity
You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery.

Your Fifth Character Strength

Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics
to science to everyday experience.

I guess that explains why I took a picture of my sticky notes all lined up in my desk drawer.  I just thought that they looked so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment