Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 4 Diet Undo

I didn't actually undo all of my diet, but I did have Thai for dinner...um...and a Bud Light...and some frozen yogurt.  Let me ess-plain it to you, Lucy.  (Ricky Ricardo has nothing to do with Thai food.)

I did not wake up in the night or binge of any sort today.  Yeah me!  I stuck to all of the foods that my husband packed for my lunch:  egg whites, almonds, jerky, Babybel, orange, and a Cliff bar.  I paced myself better today than yesterday and reminded myself that with God's help I would be fine without an additional this or that yummy thing.

But then, my husband discovered that my son had a large white patch of "ick" in his throat.  (My boy has been sick since Monday night with a fever as high as 102.6 - with medicine.)

Well, that lead to making a doctor's appointment at 4:20.  Since the doctor's office is about half way between my work and our home, we just met there.  My intention was to stop at a juice bar and have a smoothie with protein and an immunity boost.  But the husband said, "Let's go to this new Thai place.  They have healthy stuff there." Click here to go to their website: Just Thai

Ding.  Ding.  Ding.  Yes, please.  I ordered Panang Stir Fry with shrimp.   I've looked up Panang and it appears to have between 200 and 400 calories which I guess is not bad.  Then I spied the beer cooler.  Since I'm not going to work tomorrow, tonight is now my Friday and a cold beer sounded sooo good!  (And it was!)

Here's the dumb move on my part...faulty logic included:  My son is sick.  Right?  He's pitifully skinny.  He's got strep throat.  What's the perfect fix for a sore throat and a skinny kid who loves ice cream?  Cold Stone Creamery!  He got his usual mint chocolate chip in a cone.  Luckily I kinda hate mint chocolate chip ice cream.  I like York peppermint patties and Andes mints but for some reason I don't like that flavor of ice cream.  Plus my kid is a germ factory so I'm not going to be sampling his cone or finishing his leftovers (which I am not proud to admit that I do...a lot.)  So far, the logic is working for me.  Now here's where it goes south.  Cold Stone now has a frozen yogurt.  The "Peanut Butter Cup Perfection" in the "Like It Size" (aka small, 6oz.) is...970 calories!  WTF!?  The chocolate ice cream alone has 390 calories!  Lucky for me I swapped out the ice cream for the new frozen yogurt which has 230.  That saves 160 calories...not much when you're talking 970 verses 810.

And I forgot my Fit Bit again so I don't know how many steps I logged.   So, tomorrow while I am babysitting my sick son, I will be walking laps around my house, trying to get in 10,000 steps.  No one will be here to police my food intake.  I can't needlepoint and walk laps.  But, I do have a new magazine to look at and that will keep me company, keep my hands busy, keep my mind active, and I can walk and do it.

Goal:
1.  Do not binge.  (My husband has already made my meals for me.)
2.  Complete 10,000 steps before 4:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment