Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh the shame...

After taking the weekend off of my diet:

Friday evening:  Jimmy Buffet concert with beverages, snacks, and a midnight trip to The Taco Bus. http://www.taco-bus.com/ 

It was kind of like a dinner and a show.  There was a couple behind us that was fighting so loudly that they literally emptied the restaurant of patrons (except us).  The volume on the radio was even turned down in an attempt to get them to speak more quietly but that didn't work.  Shawn and I just sat there thinking that we hope that we are raising kids who won't turn into these types of people, or partner themselves with these types of people.  We hope and pray that we are raising a daughter who has enough self respect to walk away (and stay away the first time and not come back three more times like the above mentioned girl).  And, we hope that we are raising a son who would have enough class to not argue with his girlfriend in public and continue to stuff his mouth while ignoring his girlfriend and talking to his buddy across the table.  {Stepping down from my soap box.}

Saturday:  Various things to soak up the beverages from the night before...and a trip to The Taco Bus. http://www.taco-bus.com/

Our kids stayed up late to watch the Kids Choice Awards.  They voted online and scanned the crowd and credits for their cousin who is a producer for Nickelodeon.  As a surprise, we announced that the kids were to get dressed because we were going downtown to the Taco Bus at 11:30 pm.  They were so excited...until they got their food and realized that this ain't no Taco Bell taco.  Oh well.  It was fun anyway.  Shawn and I patted ourselves on the back for being so "cool".

Sunday:  I skipped the family trifecta trip to The Taco Bus (My husband, kids, friend, and his kids seriously went again!) but I had half of the left over burrito from the night before.  I figured that was better than going AGAIN.  However...to chase the lingering onion and Mexican spices, I had a few spoons mixed half and half with peanut butter and chocolate cake frosting - like a lazy version of a Buckeye.


It's time to saddle up and get myself back on the wagon.
Egg whites with cheese, almonds, blackberries, chocolate protein flax seed almond milk shake (in the Margarita Maker), Brussel sprouts, edamame, dark chocolate, and a glass of red wine.

Although I was back to wearing my regular teacher clothes and heels, I did manage to slip into my flip flops in my classroom and logged about 10,000 steps before dismissal.

I think I'll wait until Wednesday to weigh in.


No comments:

Post a Comment