Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 13, 2012

Rough Draft of My 45 List

I've been thinking about what 45 things I'd like to do.  Here's a rough draft of my first few (in no particular order).

1.  Lose 45 pounds.
2.  Finish reading Dante's Divine Comedy
3.  Finish reading the books on my nightstand:  A Land Remembered, Follow the River, Winning at Losing, Cigar City, Sea Glass, Who Let the Dogs Out, and all of the magazines and catalogs I've hoarded.
4.  Finish the Dalmatian quilt I started about 10 years ago.
5.  Swim with manatees at Crystal River.
6.  Stand up paddle board launched from the shoreline in front of my house.
7.  Kayak in Tampa Bay.

As I've been thinking about what to add to my list, I've read other people's lists.  I'm surprised at how many things I've already done from other people's lists.  I'm also surprised at how many things other people have listed as goals that I have ZERO interest in doing.  Just generating this list is probably going to be one of the hardest tasks to complete.  I'm trying to only put things up here that I think are going to be a challenge and that are things that I really care about.

I don't care about "finding my go to Karaoke song".  Watching classic movies is too easy.  Hot air balloon ride:  Nah.  Heli-Hiking Canadian Rockies:  Done.  Have one of my photographs turned into a canvas print:  Done.  Run a marathon?  Maybe walk one...but I did do a 20 miler in college.  Is it worth it to take up a spot on my list just to add on 6.2 miles?  I would like to do an open water swim across Tampa Bay but that might not be "smart".  I've always wanted to travel by train but I have technically already done that (just not as a "grown up").  Go to some fancy spa?  Umm...way too easy!  Meet Gloria Estefan?  Meet Jimmy Buffet?  Done and done.  Find my perfect shade of red lipstick?  Kind of already done.  Color my hair red, black, blonde, pink?  Done.  Write a book?  Carve an ice sculpture?  I.  DON'T.  KNOW.

Any input would be much appreciated...even though I may not actually add it.


No comments:

Post a Comment