Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More possibilities

Give up coffee, sugar, artificial foods?
Shoot a gun, bow and arrow
Be binge free for a certain number of days
Go to OA and get a sponsor
Floss daily
Go without TV for a month
Visit my grandparent's graves
Roller skate down Bayshore Blvd.
Do a piece of stained glass
Learn how to French braid
Do the splits
Do a head stand
Have professional photos made of our family

I don't know about these additions to my list.  Some seem kind of lame and some are not things that I really even care about a lot.

My brain is currently absorbed with FCAT and the possibility of having a hysterectomy.

FCAT Writing is coming in a few days.  I've taught it and taught it and then taught it some more.  There isn't a whole lot left to do but keep on doing what I know is best for children and then wait for the day.  After the FCAT Writing test is over, I'm going to have to evaluate and start working toward next year.  The FCAT Writing is changing and I'm OK with that change but that's going to be hard to relearn a new way of doing things.  I'm even OK with that too.

Now, on to the hysterectomy.  Next Friday I'll know more but right now I've got a million thoughts in my head.  I've been on the pill since I was about 14.  I went off the pill to have a child but then I couldn't ever get my periods back under control.  Then, another child and back to the pill.  Still no luck.  Then I lost weight.  No help.  Then, I had a Mirena IUD...no relief.  Then, an ablation...  (Do you see a pattern developing?)

Currently, I have a thick lining to my uterus (which is remarkable since it was burned off two years ago).  I also have a strep infection "down there".  (This could ONLY happen to me since I am the Queen of Strep Throat.)  AND...I have scar tissue from the ablation...AND...a fibroid.  The results of the biopsy I had yesterday should help determine the next step in my on-going struggle to tame the raging tide.


No comments:

Post a Comment