Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I have never understood blogging.  Why would anyone think that someone (a stranger) would want to read some other stranger's ramblings?  However, I have recently become interested in reading a few blogs and I guess that now I understand...to some degree.  So, I don't know if anyone will read this but it just might be therapy for myself.

Here goes...

I've read about people doing a list of 30 things/goals to accomplish by the age of 30 and I think that is intriguing.   I'm passed the age of 30.  I'm even passed 40.  I'll be 42 this year and therefore I'm going to generate a list of 45 things to do before I turn 45 years old.  That way I'll have enough time to accomplish them.

In brainstorming about 45 things to do, I knew that my number one goal would be to lose 45 pounds.  Then I thought of other things that I've started and not finished (and things I always wanted to do but never even started).  I've been working a quilt for more than 10 years...currently it would be a nice blanket for a crib.  Last year I started reading Dante's Divine Comedy.  I listened to a Yale lecture, downloaded M-W app for the words I didn't know, read a "dumbed down" version, took notes, used an encyclopedia of mythology, and various internet sources but I'm still only half way through "Inferno".  Additionally, there are a number of books and movies that I'd like to experience.

Traveling:  I've done a lot of that (luckily) but I would like to go to Alaska, Antarctica, see the "Roaring Forties", and spend some more time on the Appalachian Trail.  Those are not necessarily things I intend to do before 45 though.

I think that I might spend some time setting mental/self-control goals.  That is definitely an area I know is a challenge!

It's official now.  I'm starting my blog and my list of 45under45.


1 comment:

  1. I'm reading :) and think it is awesome. Go. For. It. 45 n fab.

    ReplyDelete