Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ramblings

One of the reasons I started this blog was to use it as a sort of a journal or diary.  Today, my thoughts are so scattered and I think that trying to organize them into some sort of paragraph form would help.

Dozens of cars passed by me this morning as I was trying to pull out of my street.  That doesn't seem like a really big deal except that all of these cars are going to get stopped at the air force base anyway.  We live about a half mile from the entrance to the base.  All drivers and passengers are ID checked.  What's the hurry? They are all going south and I'm going north.  Because of the ID check, the cars at this time of morning are usually going no more than 20 miles per hour.  Not a single car stopped.  I had to wait for a break in the line before I could pull out.

Finally, I pulled out.  Feeling a little ticked, I flipped over to my favorite radio station, Spirit FM.  It's a contemporary Christian station and the songs and message are uplifting.  But no...  This is the start of "Share-a-Thon" which is a week long fundraiser.  Not much music, just a lot of begging for money.

I know it seems like an oxymoron, but my next favorite radio station is 98 Rock.  It's a foul mouthed tool type guy station that features Bubba the Love Sponge.  As I listen, my IQ lowers.

Then, I got a text message from a girlfriend who told me that she was wearing the shirt I got her to the hospital to have her babies!!!  So, much for that crabby attitude.  It was wiped away at 6:49 a.m. with the following words:  "I'm wearing your shirt to the hospital today and I am thankful for you!"

Really!?  How totally awesome are friends?  To think that she would take the time to text me ON HER WAY TO THE HOSPITAL TO GIVE BIRTH  TO TWINS is so amazing!  I bought her this shirt that says "This is what I'm thankful for" written over the baby bump. Crabby mood:  Gone.

Then...She had the most precious little angel babies:

And then, my neighbor had surgery and that went well.  She's home from the hospital today.
And then, my coworker's niece had surgery and that went well.
And then, her husband got a new job!  Obviously, that went well.
And then, my daughter's report card came with a note saying that they had miscalculated her grades for the last quarter and her grades went up and earned "Second Honor Roll"!
And then, my son earned his Wolf badge and is currently working on "Arrow Points".

My thoughts are not organized into paragraphs, but today was a goooood day!

No comments:

Post a Comment