Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day Two of Eating Plan

 Today was the first real day from beginning to end that I am eating all my meals from the new eating plans that my husband has started us on.  Surprisingly, I am adapting quite nicely.

In my lunch box were the following:  my lovely egg whites with cheese, some almonds, a few cubes of cheese, a beef jerky stick, and an orange.

My school day began faster than I was ready for and so I had to put off eating my eggs until lunch time.  I grabbed my almonds, cheese, and beef jerky.  While administering a test, I very quietly  munched on my almonds, trying not to make any noise.  After about an hour, I ate my cheese cubes (also while testing).  Those two things tided me over until the testing session was complete.

After returning my test materials, I opened up the beef jerky and promptly dropped a big inch and a half hunk of it on the floor of the conference room.  Thanks to my coworker tossing it in the trash, I didn't eat it... (God only knows when that carpet has EVER been vacuumed!)

Between make up tests, I scarfed down my orange and my eggs.  I actually heated them up since they had been sitting in my room temperature lunch bag from 6:30 until 11:30.  I figured that I needed to cook the botulism out.

By the end of the school day, I was quite starving!  I managed to walk into the cupcake shop next to the nail salon without caving.  Announcing to the clerk, "I'm on a diet.  I'm not even going to look at your lovely display of gourmet cupcakes.  I just want this green tea."  It pained me to walk out of the store with only the tea but I did it!  Whew!  That was a close one!

When I got home today I was greeted with a family group hug.  First I hugged my husband, then my daughter latched herself to my back, and finally my son squirmed in on my hip.  The kids tried to get the dog involved too!  We broke up our huddle and resumed our normal activities.

My husband made me a meal replacement shake for dinner.  Tonight's version had flax seed in it.  I didn't notice it though.  I choked down an enormous fish oil pill with my shake and chased it with a few more almonds and two orange segments my son hadn't eaten left over from his dinner.

Because I was "snarky" in my post from yesterday, my husband has informed me that the wine and chocolate is a maybe.  Darn again!

I managed to get in 11,900 steps today but traded out exercise for a manicure, pedicure, and much needed eyebrow waxing.  I think I might walk laps around the house to get in some more steps.  If I lace up my sneakers, that might smudge my toes.  But walking barefoot around the kitchen...that's something I could  should do.

My husband's sardine lunch.  Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment