Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Bubble

I live in a bubble and I'm proud of it.  Inside my bubble are my kids, our dog, my husband, and me.  Every now and then people visit and we "grant them access" to our bubble.  We are thankful that we have loved ones who want to come inside.

Most days the bubble works as a well oiled machine.

My alarm clock is set for 5:30 am.  Depending on if I need to wash my hair, some times I get right up and some times I lounge a bit.  As I get ready, I wait for the next alarm clock:  the kids'.  That rings around 6:20.  The kids and husband begin to stir.  I give kisses and hugs and say, "Have a good day.  I love you."

The dog and I go down stairs.  I turn off the burglar alarm, make the coffee, let the dog out the back door, and wait for her to come back.  She gets two treats.  I make my coffee cup:  one scoop of creamer and two ice cubes.  I gather my things and go to my car.

My drive to work is more or less the same every day.  I listen to the same radio station, listen to the daily prayer and try to interpret how that is applicable to my life.

When I arrive at work, I park in the same spot.  90% of the time I back in to my spot, but some days I pull straight in.  Mostly all of my coworkers park in their same spots everyday too.

I do my morning duty, eat my breakfast, and then begin my work.

At the end of my school day, I do my duty again.  Then, return to my classroom and tidy up loose ends/prepare for the next day.

My drive home is one of my favorite things to do.  I open my convertible top, turn on the radio, kick off my shoes, and call or text my husband.  We chat about our day and current events.  As I drive, I let go of my work day and "survey my kingdom" once I get to the top of the overpass bridge.

Once I'm home, I am greeted by my kids, husband, and dog.  The kids do their homework.  I rattle around. Some days I walk or run.  Some days I just sit.  We eat dinner, finish homework, and get caught up.

My son's bedtime is 8:00 but my daughter's is 9:00.  I usually get into bed somewhere in between.  I DVR the following shows:  Hoarders (one version on TLC and the other on A and E), 19 Kids and Counting, NASCAR, and Project Runway. Usually, it takes me several days to get through one episode of Hoarders because I fall asleep quickly.

I am a restless sleeper.  I get up a lot in the night.  I check the clock, go to the bathroom, roll over, check on the kids, and even click the channels until I find some news or familiar show that I can close my eyes and just listen to.

This is my life in my bubble.  I like it here.  I like it a lot!

 

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of bubbles... My mom accidentally put dish soap in dishwasher! We've got BUBBLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an episode I remember from The Brady Bunch!

    ReplyDelete