Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 7, 2012

unnnn-mo-tiv-a-ted....

It's 7:30 pm and since I got home from school I haven't done much.  I made a fake and slightly icky (but all gone) pizza.  The crust was made from some Pillsbury crescent roll dough pieced together in a loaf pan with spaghetti sauce and mixed mozzarella and cheddar on top.  I baked it for 15 minutes.  My daughter thought that it was good but said that she would have liked all of the ingredient separately.  (The crescent roll dough was a little sweet but I wasn't about to show her that I thought so too.)

Then, we had some odd dessert.  I had a left over brownie cupcake from yesterday.  She had a blob of marshmallow fluff with two Hershey's chocolate squares and some pretzels.  So weird.

She worked on her homework while I looked at pictures of baby sloths.  She needed to be quizzed on verbs and pronouns so I read to her sentences from the websites as examples.  I don't actually know if all of her answers are correct, but she got a little review for her grammar test tomorrow.


Though sloths are slow (verb phrase), they more than make up (verb phrase) their speed with their personality. Sloths are  (helping verb) very affectionate (verb) pets. Cradling (action verb) one is (helping verb) almost like cradling (action) an infant. In fact, sloths particularly love to play (verb phrase) peek-a-boo, like babies! They love to hide (verb phrase) under blankets, seemingly saying(verb).... “Come find (verb phrase) me if you can.” And because sloths are slow, you wouldn’t have problem about them escaping (action verb) and ransacking (action verb) your closet like other exotic pets do. Sloths are great (verb phrase) around young children also; they may have (verb phrase) somewhat sharp claws, they don’t use (verb) it to claw (verb phrase) on people. And sloths love (verb) to be bathed (verb phrase) and blow dried (verb phrase); the animals are (helping verb) very clean (verb) despite being (verb) so hairy.cutehomepets.com

I love sloths and recently found a website called cuteoverload.com that has pictures of cute critters and from there I linked to a website with nothing but pictures of sloths.  They are so cute!  I reeeealllllly want one but they cost thousands of dollars and live for like 30 years.  So, for now I just look at them.  I am thinking of adding holding a sloth to my 45 under 45 list.

Which then brings me to that.  With my surgery date just three days away, I've been thinking that it is time to start reading some of the dreaded bed side table materials.  I want to be done with those books but I don't feel like reading them.  I've still got three years until I'm 45.  (:

I should probably start working on the sudoku and the crossword puzzles some more.  I think I'll take the crossword book with me to the hospital.

I think that once this surgery is over and I've recuperated and school is out, I'll really begin to tackle that list. I found some Segway tour literature and my husband learned that at the Air Force Base stand up paddle board rent for only $9.00 a day.  My boss recently posted to her Facebook that she went canopy cycling where you ride a bike that hangs from cables which are strung through the woods...that sounded like an awesomely fun thing to add to my list until she then posted that she got some sort of whopper bug bite that took her out of commission for a few days.  (So, I guess that is still a question.)

No comments:

Post a Comment