Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Twas the night before surgery...

Twas the night before surgery, when all through the house,
All the creatures were stirring, even the spouse.

The get well cards were hung in the living room with care,
In hopes that wellness soon would be there.


The daughter was studying and recently fed.
While visions of countries and capitols danced in her head.
And Nicholas in his spy gear, and I, blog in my lap,
Had just revved up my fingers for a entry to tap.

When down in my tummy there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the potty I flew like a flash,
Tore open the door and readied my ash.
Oh Lord...this is too much!  I can't keep this nonsense up.  So, I've consumed the "mag-citrate" and suffice it to say,  it is working.  I've been on clear liquids since noon and to wrap it all up and I have a date with Mr. Fleet.  And at some point I have to pack an overnight bag.


I am so totally looking forward to this surgery.  It is weird that I am having a hysterectomy on my son's birthday but I'm OK with it.  It's almost like I get to celebrate the wonder of my uterus as it comes to an end.


My uterus has given me two awesome kids!  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!


But, it is time to go, you...uterus!  O-U-T out!

No comments:

Post a Comment