Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 6: Clevedon Pier to Bath

The final morning in Plymouth I took myself for a walk around the town. The weather was chilly and windy but quite crisp and sunny. 

Swimming pool. 

Cabanas carved into the cliff side. 



Abandoned looking bits along the way. Apparently this area was hit HARD by storms recently. Two restaurants are shut and a long section of the waterfront is closed due to hazardous conditions. Oh well, we liked the places we went. 

Since Shawn and Grandpa had learned so much history the day before, we were able to quickly stop by the Plymouth steps where the Pilgrams once walked and then get out onto the road. 



Go young Pilgram!  Be free!

I wonder if the Pilgrams had warning signs. ?!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A thankfully an uneventful drive to Clevedon was much appreciated. We found an easy parking spot and took ourselves to the pier. Shawn split off to terra firma while the rest us walked down to the end of pier, singing, "You and I". 


This pier is quite special!  According to some websites I read along the way, this pier was falling down, did fall down in sections, was rebuilt and is still needing repair. 





How Victorian!



While we were there a man caught an eel, carried it in a towel to a wire basket with a looooooong rope. He put the eel in the basket and lowered it all the way down to the water, bounced it around a bit until it was revived and swam away. 

Summer and Grandma...



Nicholas

From the shoreline looking up. What a beautiful pier. 

Nicholas and I looking for treasures. 

After our stroll along the promenade, Nicholas and I went down to the shore to have a look about. I searched for sea glass and delighted in eavesdropping. "You naughty rascal, you've got mud on your swimming costume." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We somewhat successfully got ourselves out of Clevedon, around Bristol, and into Bath. Our hotel was a Hilton in the heart of the city.  As soon as I set down my stuff, I started  me washin'. And then I had a grand idea!  I sent Shawn down to the bar fer me wine.  (The longer that I'm here the more me accent comes out.). Soo, I just popped me clothes up and carried on to have a lit'l rest until it was time to go to the pub. 







My mom is afraid of subway grates. So, as loving cherubs, what do they do?  "Look!  Grandma!"  Um...what's up with the zombie containment?



NOT MINE!!! But on the bin in the loo at the bar. Cracked me up!  I guess taking a pregnancy test in a bar is handy. Pregnant?  Let your friends have a drink. Not pregnant?  Have a drink with your friends. 

Pubs don't serve food past 7:00ish. So, we found this very odd sushi restaurant with pre-made food on a conveyor belt. Chalk that one off the list. 


The town of Baaf is a luvly place. There's flowers in baaskets everywhere. The streets is narrow but we got on quite brilliantly. Me boy held me hand and Shawn wolked wif me mum to help 'er wif the cobblestones.  

1 comment: