Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Onward to Denali!



After having such a good time last night we were able to sleep in a bit and that was a welcome treat.
Nicholas enjoyed his giant chocolate muffin!

And Mommy and Daddy enjoyed their Bloodies. A Bloody Mary for
Shawn and a Bloody Maria for me. Ummm...ummm!

We leisurely had breakfast and then boarded the train for our long ride.   On this leg we were served lunch which was excellent.  Between all six of us we had reindeer chili, chowder, chicken wrap, turkey panini, French dip, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, berry pie and a brownie!  The gentle sway of the car along the tracks and very full bellies made sleep come easily. However, that would mean missing the sights and critters. 

Since I SAW A BEAR (!!!!) I felt entitled to a little shut eye...only to be awoken by, "A moose!  9:00!"  Nap time for me was over.  Back to more critter hunting.  I saw another moose, some swans, and two eagle nests. And did I mention...I finally saw a BEAR!?!

The bear was so cool and it was something only I spied. Facing the rear of the train, I stood up to look out the window and scanned the fern forest/bog and I saw some big black lump with a rounded head and two ears!  A bear!  I did it!  I jumped up and down but since we were on the move no one else could see him. But I did!  

We arrived at our lodge just in time for a shower, a little "laundry", and time to go to town to shop before dinner.
Grandpa waited. 

I got a new cap and Nicholas got a new para-cord bracelet. Then we made our way up to the Salmon Bake restaurant for a hearty meal to fill us up for our mountain adventure into and up Denali.

My mom had one...major brain freeze!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment