Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 9, 2013

On the Way to Ormond Beach

The next leg of our adventure took us down A1A.  Nicholas has a friend who lives in the Daytona Beach area.  We decided to take our time getting there, especially since the distance is only about 60 miles.  Betty's A1A Cafe looked cute and had a sign about a haddock special, so... In we went!

And I am so very elite!  
A very very VERY tchotchked up place!  A person could eat there a million times and not see all of the doo dads!


My favorite!

Can you spy the typo?  Don't people check their work before laminating it and making a ton of menus?

After lunch, the shoreline called to Summer and me!  What beautiful orangey coral colored sand!  And NO ONE around for ages.  My kinda place!

Summer is so cute, wearing her new dress from our St. Augustine shopping trip. 

I've been needing an "L" to add to my collection. So, I staged these seaweed stalks. 



But then I found one that was 100% legit!  I walked up to the shape in the sand and ta da!  

And then I found this shoe in the soft sand by the waves.  I technically found it like this. So, I snapped a pic and then turned it over. 
"Peace be in your sole" is what it says which is so perfect because I have a collection of pictures of "lost soles" and a shirt that says, "Not all who wander are lost."  
We drove on a bit and eventually chose to stay at the Coral Sands Inn.  A very cute place with a TV room, two queens, and a kitchen ... Right on the beach!

TV room with couch and breakfast nook. 

Pass through to bedroom, bath on right and kitchen to left. 






We had hot dogs for dinner two nights in a row!  Yum!

And the beach!  The beach was perfectly glorious!





What's not to like?


No comments:

Post a Comment