Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 19, 2018

We Done Reach!

Once we got to the house and set down our bags, it was straight to On Da Beach, a little beach bar that is part of the "resort" called Turtle Hill.  To visit their website, click here.  This is one of our favorite places!  Seriously... what's not to like?!!  Sun.  Sand.  Seafood.  Great people!  Shawn had this interaction with a gal at the bar:  she said, "Weren't you in that seat about a year ago?"

Shawn replied, "Yes.  And, weren't you in that seat about a year ago?"  Ahahahaha!  That's it.  That's the charm.  Same staff:  Brooke, Brandon, Roger...  Same patrons.  Different owners (but thankfully no changes, yet).

From their website:

Ahhh...  Aquamarine, turquoise, indigo, teal, cobalt, saphire, navy, lapis, royal, azul, azure...  I never seem to get enough of all of the shades of blue.  I love naming them.  Claiming them.

While Shawn and Summer did some shopping to provision the house with coffee, Bahamian bread, Crunchie bars, beer, wine, and such... Nicholas and I went to On Da Beach for our favorites:  Government issued cheese on Bahamian bread, grilled to golden perfection!  I don't think Nicholas even knows just how other worldly this sandwich is.  (Sadly, I forgot to take a picture.  However, there will be many more grilled cheeses yet to come.)

And for me:  Grilled fish and mac 'n' cheese.  Also, the first of many On Da Beach sammies.

NOT a selfie!  What?  I know.  I actually posed for a photo.

And, so did my princess.


Same brick of rubber.  I think I'm the only one who knows this is here.

One of my dreams is to become a rubber baroness.  I know of where several bricks of rubber are on these islands.  Below is a pic from several years ago.  My flip-flop shows the size.

A little history of raw rubber in Abaco.  This picture is from outside of the museum (years ago).

The whole brick from the museum.

Ho, hum.  One day.  My sole purpose will be walking the beaches looking for raw rubber.  I'll be the most blissful baroness.

Now that we were fed, time to return to our home for The Great Unpacking of 2018!!!  Nicholas blowing up the new foot bath.

Ta da!  (OMG!  This makes me so happy!)

Although I just ate, I need to try out my new bread crumb tray contraption.  (MORE happiness!!!  I freaking LOVE unpacking my new purchases!  I hope the homeowner will also love my additions to her house.)

And, sample the bounty. Not skimping on the butter.  Calories, be damned!  (I guess today is going to be my epic cheat day.)

Unpacking:  Check.
Back to On Da Beach?  Yes, please!

Walking down the street where our house is...  (towards On Da Beach).

Make a left turn to go down this sidewalk.  Last year, the blue house on the right was just finishing their construction and planting tiny shrubs.  Well, they took hold and are now about 4 ft tall.  This makes me smile.

And, at the bottom of the sidewalk:  the sign letting us know where we are!


The beach below On Da Beach is paradise.  The view to the south...

And, the view to the north...

Nicholas trying out his boogie board/kick board.  It seems to work pretty well for a little wave ride.

My Abaco cup!  (A gift from a dear friend.)  I have many things that I reserve just for the Bahamas.  It feels so good to get out my cup and know that I'm here, my "homeland".

My beach walking hat with Bahamian blue butterflies.

My new chair!  One of the reviews of this chair said that the back rest wasn't high enough.  Well, to the that person, I'd like to say, "You're doing in wrong.  A beach chair is meant to be slouched in.  Like so..."

Nicholas, the giant sand potato.

Use your imagination.  Tampa Bay Lightning logo made out of seaweed.  (Looks a little more like a "3"...  Dale Sr., Longoria, Babe Ruth.  Whatever.)



D O N E !
Stick a fork in him.  He's done.

1 comment: