Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 20, 2013

First time in a long time!

About this time last year I had a fight with my "Blogger" blog. When we were in the Bahamas, I tried to write a blog but the Blogger account froze and when it was working again, what I wrote was gone. 

But, I've been missing my writing. And I've been thinking about restarting. And so many things from my list are actually happening and I ain't gettin' any younger...45 is only two years away at this point. 

My updated list is as follows:
The List
1.  Lose at least 45 pounds. I've lost about 10. 
2.  Finish reading Dante's Divine Comedy. It's been so long, I had to restart!  But I did listen to eight hours of the book being read to me, which was "Part One".
3.  Finish reading the books on my nightstand:  A Land Remembered, Follow the River, Winning at Losing, Cigar City, Sea Glass, Who Let the Dogs Out, and all of the magazines and catalogs I've hoarded. Magazines:  Check.  (But new ones are now taking their place.)  I did start and finish a whopper of a bear of a chore of a book though!  I had to read the book with a dictionary app and take notes AND reread each page multiple times. With great pleasure, I passed on River of the Golden Ibis by, Gloria Jahooda. Ah!  Free at last!
4.  Finish the Dalmatian quilt I started about 10 years ago. I've not done even one stitch. 
5.  Swim with manatees at Crystal River. No, but u did have an awesome manatee encounter in the waters near our house. 

6.  Stand up paddle board launched from the shoreline in front of my house. I did it!  I own my own SUP!  The bottom right corner shows the surface of my board.
7.  Kayak in Tampa Bay.  Done. (See the Picnic Island blog entry)

8.  Give up coffee, sugar, artificial foods for a certain period of time. (Done. I gave up coffee for almost an entire year and I no longer use sweetener in my coffee now.)
10.  Shoot a gun, bow and arrow. Gun:  Done (Picture below was taken by me on the day I went to the range and shot a gun for the first time.)

11.  Be binge free for a certain number of days Maybe. I've not kept very good track. 
12.  Go to OA and get a sponsor. OA, yes. Sponsor, ???  I did my fifth step with the help of my husband. 
13.  Floss daily for a certain period of time. No
14.  Go without TV for a month. No
15.  Visit my grandparent's graves. No
16.  Roller skate down Bayshore Blvd.  No
17.  Do a piece of stained glass. No
18.  Learn how to French braid. No
19.  Do the splits. No
20.  Do a head stand. No
21.  Have professional photos made of our family. No

22.  Ride a Segway. No
23.  Be a better listener. Some
24.  Do the NASCAR Experience or at least have my dad do it. No
25.  Complete the Sudoku, word search, and crossword puzzles I started but never finished. (See blog post called "Goodbye Old Friend"

But there were other "possible items to add to my list" like:
"Traveling:  I've done a lot of that (luckily) but I would like to go to Alaska, Antarctica, see the "Roaring Forties", and spend some more time on the Appalachian Trail.  Those are not necessarily things I intend to do before 45 though."

Well, we are in Vancouver and leave for Alaska tomorrow!
Our ship will pull up to our hotel and we'll be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment